A low-carb diet is a diet that restricts carbohydrates, such as those found in sugary foods, pasta and bread. It is high in protein, fat and healthy vegetables.
There are many different types of low-carb diets, and studies show that they can cause weight loss and improve health.
The banting diet is a low-carbohydrate, high-fat (LCHF) and moderate protein way of eating.
Fat is critical and getting lots of it will help you make this eating plan work.
Low-carb diets are scientifically proven to work effectively at burning fat and reversing many symptoms relating to the metabolic syndrome including Type 2 Diabetes, high blood pressure, hypertension obesity and other chronic illnesses.
The ketogenic diet is a very low-carb, high-fat diet that shares many similarities with the Atkins and other low carb diets.
It involves drastically reducing carbohydrate intake and replacing it with fat. This reduction in carbs over time puts your body into a metabolic state called ketosis.
When this happens, your body becomes incredibly efficient at burning fat for energy. It also turns fat into ketones in the liver, which can supply energy for the brain. Ketogenic diets can cause massive reductions in blood sugar and insulin levels. This, along with the increased ketones, has numerous health benefits.
The brand name LoBanKe describes LOw carb, BANting and KEtogenic lifestyles.
LoBanKe meals are based on supporting all of these lifestyles. Our meals are sugar and junk free low carb, banting and keto friendly meals and will assist in your quest to health, weight loss and ketosis. A low carb, banting or keto lifestyle can yield incredible health benefits, but the hassle of putting together such a meal plan can be overwhelming and expensive. At times, it may seem you have to stop at nothing short of employing a nutritionist and personal chef in order to commit fully to any of these lifestyles. With LoBanKe prepared meals, you won’t have to create your own diet menu plan or invest in a personal chef. Our freshly-prepared low carb, banting and keto friendly meals are delivered to the address of your choice.
Why choose LoBanKe meals?
What sets us apart from other delivery services that focuses on a low carb lifestyle, is that our meals are macro controlled and portioned as 600 or 800 calorie meals. They also contain no added sugar, gluten, preservatives, additives, colourants
Health benefits of following a low carb, banting or keto lifestyle.
Many health benefits can be derived from following a low carb lifestyle. The Ketogenic lifestyle is the most extreme form of low carb diets as it limits your daily carb intake to 5% compared to a low carb lifestyle where you are allowed up to 30% daily.
According to studies low carb, banting and ketogenic diets have over 40+ health benefits in addition to weight loss. Here are a few of them:
- Focusing the brain (increased memory, cognition, clarity, and seizure control; less migraines)
- Could reduce seizures and improve behaviour in children suffering from Autism and epilepsy. (Ketogenic Diets have been used successfully to treat epilepsy in people since 1921 and epilepsy is common in people who have autism. A study published in 2003 demonstrated that some children with autism on an intermittent Ketogenic Diet experienced a significant reduction in autistic symptoms.)
- Fighting some types of cancer
- Preventing Heart Disease (lower blood pressure, lower triglycerides, better cholesterol profiles)
- Decreasing inflammation (which improves acne, arthritis, eczema, psoriasis, IBS, pain, etc…)
- Improving energy levels and sleep
- Keeping uric acid levels in check (helping kidney function and preventing gout)
- Assisting gastrointestinal and gallbladder health (less heartburn and acid reflux, less risk for gallstones, improved digestion, less gas and bloating)
- Battling a wide variety of neurologic and metabolic diseases
- Assisting Women’s Health (increased fertility, stabilizing hormones)
- Helping the eyes (more stable vision; less risk for cataracts)
- Gaining muscle and improving endurance
- And last but not least, curbing diabetes, obesity, and metabolic syndrome while sparing muscle loss.